DCS Spatial Services is custodian of the Imagery, Elevation & Depth and Water themes of the NSW Foundation Spatial Data Framework (FSDF) as well as co-custodians of the Land Cover theme. This includes managing the collection, storage, maintenance and product development in line with customer requirements, NSW and national policies, initiatives and guidelines.
The Environmental Spatial Program consists of the following five work programs:
- Elevation and depth: sourcing, capture and creation of airborne LiDAR products
- Water: sourcing, creation and maintenance of surface hydrology datasets
- Imagery: sourcing, capture and creation of airborne imagery products
- Remote Sensing Services and Equipment (ReSSE) Prequalification Scheme: available to NSW Government agencies for the procurement of imagery and elevation data through the private sector.
DCS Spatial Services is currently working towards improving the natural environment datasets by:
- Creating datasets for the NSW Spatial Digital Twin project
- Development of new tools for building extraction, imagery quality assurance and regeneration of surface hydrology datasets for NSW.