Spatial Services maintains the NSW address database and provides expert advice on addressing and addressing related matters to councils and the public across NSW.
We do this by:
- Ongoing address maintenance and upgrade programs: We create, amend or delete 210,000 geocoded address records annually, continuing to improve the currency and quality of the NSW Address Database.
- Complex Addressing: We provide advice and guidance to stakeholders on how to address new complex developments including stratum developments.
- Bulk Address Validation: We validate and geocode more than 25 million address records annually for other government agencies.
- NSW Address Helpline: Each year we respond to 8,000 requests.
- NSW Point: an address validation service used by NSW Government agencies to validate addresses at the time of entry into online forms. Benefits include, improved service delivery with ease of data entry by utilising predictive text to suggest addresses, and access to a comprehensive authoritative national address repository for validation of physical and postal addresses.
- Service Point: a service that can facilitate advanced state-wide data analytics in real time for NSW Government, with the potential to revolutionise NSW Government reporting, empowering decision makers to deliver substantial service improvements.
- Local Government Address Working Group (LGAWG) Online Forum: Councils can interact with Spatial Services and each other to solve address related queries.
- NSW Address Policy and User Manual (NAPUM): Working with the Geographical Names Board (GNB) to ensure the NAPUM has contemporary advice to guide all addressing stakeholders in effective address creation and management.
If you have an issue with your address you should contact your local council.
Addresses in NSW are assigned per the processes and guidelines outlined in the NSW Address Policy and User Manual. If you have questions about this document please contact the address helpline at:
Email: ss-Addressing@customerservice.nsw.gov.au (preferred) or
Phone: 02 6332 8070